It’s only natural for small business owners to have a hard time maintaining the same level of drive over time. The stress and repetition of their careers can gradually drain their motivation. They run into the same frustrations as well as new obstacles year after year, causing them to question why they are putting so […]
All small businesses endure cash flow shortages from either slow–paying creditors or unexpected payments. Working capital loans for small business have the advantage of easing these cash flow burdens. One of the common myths of applying for working capital loans is the time it takes to be approved. Our team of funding specialists can process your business funding application within 24 to 48 hours of receiving the required information. There are a few initial questions our team will ask when determining your business working capital needs. To prepare for your phone call with us, gather this information ahead of time:
Time in Business: What is the date of the commencement of the business? This often differs from the incorporation date if there was an establishment or set up period. If your business has operated for less than 1 year compared to 2 or 3 years, the working capital funding amount will be different.
Bank and Credit Card Statements: Do you have 6 to 12 months of business bank statements? If your business accepts credit cards, please have at least 3 to 6 months of credit card statements available so we can reconcile the credit card statements with the bank statement deposits.
Bank Account Balances: Did you know lenders look to ensure balances remain positive each month? Where your business account statements have multiple negative months and multiple days of non-sufficient funds, this will discourage lenders from approving a working capital loan. It is very advantageous to have bank statements with positive balances over a 6 to 12 month period to ensure your funding application is approved.
FICO Score: Coupled with time in business and monthly bank averages, a FICO score will allow lenders to determine of a slightly longer program or a more conservative term is appropriate.
To get through the application quickly and efficiently, have the following information available:
- Business location
- 6 months of bank statements
- 3 months of credit card statements
- Basic voided check – be sure this check is for the main business operating account, not a personal account, payroll or other such account
- Photo ID — if there is more than one owner of the business, supply photos for all owners
- Business lease (or mortgage statement if the business owns the facility) – a full lease is not required, just the basic term and signature page.
Additional Working Capital Funding Application Documents: It is often required by underwriters of working capital loans to provide the following as well:
- Business license
- Basic site inspection — This is generally required for any loan amount $25,000 and over
- Financials — For any loan $74,000 and over, basic year-to-date Profit & Loss, a Balance Sheet, and your most recent yearly tax return is required .
Call us today at 855.933.8638 or email us at [email protected] and put your mind at ease as we work together on the best way to finance your working capital needs.